Held at the new Nantucket Culinary Center, Nantucket Young Chef Academy offers aspiring young chefs, ages 8 to 12, the opportunity to learn from respected culinary professionals. Most importantly, young chefs discover that food preparation & service can be creative and fun!
During each session of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday two-hour classes from 9:30 to 11:30 AM, students will explore a different culinary theme. They will gain knowledge of ingredients and hands-on experience of cooking and baking techniques - along with many opportunities to sample their creations.
Students will also receive a "Kitchen 101 Workbook," Nantucket Young Chef Academy aprons, and Take-Home Recipes.
Week 4: Tuesday, August 16 - Thursday, August 18 - Cooking with Fruit
What to Expect:
- The Class is 2 hours and limited to 15 children, and includes all three days.
- Best for kids 8 - 12 years old (3rd through 5th grade)
- You will be standing, cooking and working at your own station for most of the class.
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back.
- Enjoy sampling the dishes made throughout the class.
Link to Nantucket Community School to buy tickets: https://nantucketcommunityschoolregister.asapconnected.com/CourseDetail.aspx?CourseId=112176