Looking for a fun, new activity to keep the kids healthy and busy this summer? Send them to the Culinary Center to spend a fun, hands-on afternoon with Sustainable Nantucket’s Farm to School Program. Staff will work with the children to combine culinary education with lessons around locally grown produce, sustainable agriculture and nutrition using delicious recipes provided by Kids Cooking Green.
What to Expect: Kids Cooking Green lessonWeek 6: Eat the Whole Plant - This science-based cooking class will teach the various parts of the plant and how each contributes to the development of the whole nutrient dense foods. We will be creating individual veggie tarts using root, stems, leaves, and flowers.
- The Class is 1.5 hours and limited to 20 children.
- Best for kids 10-13 years old.
- You will be standing, cooking and working at your own station for most of the class.
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back.
- Enjoy sampling the dishes made throughout the class.
- Each session will be different - sign up for one or all!
7 people are attending Farm to Fork Cooking Class for Kids (10-13 year olds)