Looking for a fun, new activity to keep the kids healthy and busy this summer? Send them to the Culinary Center to spend a fun, hands-on afternoon with Sustainable Nantucket’s Farm to School Program. Staff will work with the children to combine culinary education with lessons around locally grown produce, sustainable agriculture and nutrition using delicious recipe.
What to Expect: Focusing on native fruits and vegetables, harvested from the Sustainable Nantucket garden, students will learn the importance of eating the rainbow of fruits and veggies. This week will focus on Eating the Rainbow: Strawberry shortcake and Pea Hummus.
- The Class is 1.5 hours and limited to 12 children.
- Best for kids 6-9 years old.
- You will be standing, cooking and working at your own station for most of the class.
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back.
- Enjoy sampling the dishes made throughout the class.
- Each session will be different - sign up for one or all!
Not Currently Available
12 people are attending Farm to Fork Cooking Class for Kids (6 – 9 year olds)