Looking for a fun, new activity to keep the kids healthy and busy this summer? Send them to the Culinary Center to spend a fun, hands-on afternoon with Sustainable Nantucket’s Farm to School Program. Staff will work with the children to combine culinary education with lessons around locally grown produce, sustainable agriculture and nutrition using delicious recipes provided by Kids Cooking Green.
What to Expect: Kids Cooking Green lesson Week 2: Green Eggs - Students will learn the importance of chickens on the farm, then create their own green eggs in a "basket".
- The Class is 1.5 hours and limited to 12 children.
- Best for kids 6-9 years old.
- You will be standing, cooking and working at your own station for most of the class.
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back.
- Enjoy sampling the dishes made throughout the class.
- Each session will be different - sign up for one or all!
Funding for Sustainable Nantucket's NantucketGrown educational programming provided in part through a generous grant from the Community Foundation's ReMain Nantucket Fund.
12 people are attending Farm to Fork Cooking Class for Kids (6 – 9 year olds)